IHI Ionbond Inc., is searching for a Quality Process Engineer to provide technical support and drives continuous improvements in its process capabilities of the plant operations, capacity and productivity to ensure safe and optimal process utilization. Responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis and related data processes to ensure plant quality objectives are achieved. The Quality Process Engineer reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Identifies, recommends and implements improvements in plant performance to optimize product volume, yields and quality in accordance with business needs and requirements.
- Assist Plant Operations, Corporate Process Engineering, and Business Managers in application development and scale-up of major programs.
- Interfaces with Sales Team to determine capability requirements for new business opportunities including new tooling, fixtures and coating process.
- Provides technical advice and support to resolve unusual problems. Uses statistical techniques to improve process capability. Uses failure analysis methodology to investigate, find root causes, recommend and implement equipment/process modifications and upgrades and/or implement process improvements.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot vacuum coating processes.
- Prepare and participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Lead and/or assist with various related engineering functions such as mechanical design of fixtures, standardization of processes, cost reduction, and quality control.
- Provide consultations and technical expertise on thin film technology to coating center staff and on-going quality issues.
- Maintain and work according to ISO quality systems and manage the document control process and the non-conforming product process.
- Train plant personnel on QMS procedures and work instructions.
- Provide good record keeping and communication skills.
- Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products and samples.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- 15% travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical or Plasma Physics.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the vacuum coating field and/or metallurgical.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the medical device industry.
- Desired 3 years of experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or FDA.
- Knowledge of PVD and CVD coating is a plus.
- Experience with 8D methodology or similar.
- Experience with FMEA or other risk management analysis.
- Energetic and forward-thinking individual to promote innovative and best-in-class solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical design with a proficiency in Solidworks or similar software program.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Quality system concepts.
- Ability to travel throughout North America (minimal travel 15%)
- This position does not offer visa/immigration sponsorship.
- IHI Ionbond offers a generous benefits package including but not limited to; medical/dental/life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short term & long term disability, PTO, and 401(K) retirement plan with company match and much more.
- Apply now by submitting your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with reference #PE-MN
HI Ionbond Inc. | T. Krieger | 1823 East Whitcomb Ave. | Madison Heights, MI 48071 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ionbond.com