Boosting the performance of industrial machinery
Coatings for Industrial Components
Industrial machinery often operates under adverse conditions such as high contact loads, aggressive environments, lack of lubrication or the presence of abrasive particulate. IHI Ionbond’s PVD, CVD and PACVD coatings are used in countless industrial machinery applications to improve the performance of these components.
The Tribobond™ and Ionbond™ CVD families of coatings help increase durability and extend maintenance intervals, even becoming enabling elements without which operation is not possible. The coatings are specifically designed to accommodate applications in diverse industries, including aerospace, transportation, power generation and general engineering.
Why should I choose coatings from Ionbond?
- Dramatically reduced wear rates in mechanical contacts
- Reduced friction losses and heat generation, leading to wear reduction and more efficient use of energy sources
- Operation under starved lubrication conditions or without lubrication
- No post-coating machining/grinding due to low coating thickness
- Environmentally safe alternative to electroplating
- Modest costs
- Unique surface properties, e.g. electrical insulation, modified wettability, etc.
The versatile properties of the Tribobond™ and Ionbond™ CVD coatings makes the perfect solution to meet the challenges that modern mechanical components are exposed to.