Higher demand for lower emission levelsThe increase of specific mechanical and thermal loads on components and the need to minimize the friction losses in mechanical assemblies lead to new materials and innovative surface treatment processes to reduce friction and wear. Plasma enhanced vacuum coating technology, PVD/PACVD, is one of the key contributors in adjusting to these demands.
- Downsizing of engines (fuel economy & emissions)
- Hybrid cars; downsized combustion engine & electromotor
- Electric cars
- Start-Stop systems (oil film breaks)
- Direct gasoline/diesel fuel injection
- Prolonged warranty periods
Tribobond™ 40 Series DLC coatingsDesigned specifically for tribologically high loaded systems, the application of coatings with low-friction properties and outstanding high wear resistance, such as Ionbond’s Tribobond™ 40 series DLC, opens new perspectives and technical solutions inside and outside the engine. Tribobond™ DLC coatings increase the system efficiency and component lifetime dramatically. By incorporating them right from the beginning, the overall system cost can be held level or may even be reduced.
High wear resistance and low friction
- Matrix structure of diamond and graphite bindings
- Coefficient of friction < 0.1 against steel (dry)
- High hardness, up to 5.000 HV
- Counterpart protection
- Chemically inert, avoids cold welding
- Excellent dry-lubricant properties
- Deposition temperature of < 200 ˚C