IHI Ionbond Inc., is searching for individuals that are innovative and detail-oriented with a strong background in mechanical and electrical engineering, high vacuum process equipment and services. As a Process Engineer you will be able to challenge yourself in a thriving environment by providing technical support and drive continuous improvements in its process capabilities of the center operations, the capacity and productivity to ensure safe and optimal process utilization.
To serve as a primary technical resource for the plant/company in developing, planning, and training in all steps involved in the production of surface engineered solutions.
- Assist Plant Operations, Corporate Process Engineering, and Business Managers in application development and scale-up of major programs.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects with the Sales Department and with customers.
- Ensure compliance and complete assigned APQP engineering activities
- Root Cause analysis.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot vacuum coating processes.
- Provide consultations and technical expertise on thin film technology to coating center staff and on-going quality issues.
- Maintain and work according to ISO quality systems.
- Provide good record keeping and communications skills.
- Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products and samples.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- 10% travel may be required.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Engineering, Material Science or Plasma Physics.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the vacuum coating field.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Strong working knowledge of IATF 16949, AS9100 and/or ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of PVD and CVD coatings is a plus.
- Experience with FMEA or other risk management analysis.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts.
- Ability to travel throughout North America.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Ionbond offers a generous compensation and benefits package including but not limited to; medical/dental benefits, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, EAP, tuition reimbursement, short term & long term disability, PTO, 401(K) retirement plan with a company match and much more.
Apply now by submitting your resume with salary expectations to: email@example.com
IHI Ionbond Inc. | T. Krieger | 1823 East Whitcomb Ave. | Madison Heights, MI 48071 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ionbond.com