Ionbond has immediate openings for Novice to Intermediate Level Metal Finishers to perform pre-coat & post-coat finishing operations on customer-owned tools/parts per drawings, specifications, & work orders using hand and air powered tools in priority sequence, to optimize quality, productivity and service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self-inspect work (pre/post) and strive for consistent quality within same-part work orders and between similar parts and materials.
- To operate low impact vibratory tools while deburring, polishing, cleaning, removing sharp edges and chamfering machined parts based on priority or as assigned by Supervisor/Lead.
- Polishing metal components to provide a quality product that surpasses our customers’ expectations using various methods and techniques.
- Examines all tools for damage and/or defective coating, strip coatings and refinish and performs necessary re-work promptly and at minimum cost. Reports exceptions to standard procedures and expected results.
- Identify and correspond with Production Supervisor, Shift Lead, Machinists, and the QC department to improve final part quality and potential defects or non-conforming material.
- Uses problem solving skills in trying new techniques to deburr/clean/polish otherwise inaccessible areas.
- Responsible for 5 S Program in working area and other plant areas where assigned or as apparent on a continuous basis.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a "team" approach throughout the department.
- Strives for continuous improvement in the accomplishment of day-to-day responsibilities as an active, participating work team member.
- Must be capable of visually differentiating coating colors on coupons or parts.
- To occasionally perform special plant projects and perform other duties as assigned or as apparent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent (GED).
- 2 years minimum Lead deburr/finish experience in a machine shop environment.
- Experience working with hand and power tools such as drills, sanders, and saws.
- Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, and reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
- Experience using the following precision measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-Motivated and able to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Possess a mature attitude, ability to learn quickly, excellent work ethic, and strong personal drive.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to read & interpret drawings/blue prints.
- Must be a team player and take direction well.
- Must be capable of working with and around hazardous materials (while using the proper protective equipment).
WORK ENVIORNMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lifting and carrying less than 10 lbs, finger manipulation, flexion/extension, rotation of head/neck, twisting at the waist, contact with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have hand/eye coordination and dexterity with small parts and hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
IHI Ionbond offers a generous benefits package including but not limited to; medical benefits, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term & long term disability, PTO, and 401(K) retirement plan with company match and much more.
Apply now by submitting your resume to email@example.com or apply within at
IHI Ionbond Inc.
1823 East Whitcomb Avenue
Madison Heights MI 48071
IHI Ionbond Inc. | T. Krieger | 1823 East Whitcomb Ave. | Madison Heights, MI 48071 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ionbond.com