To perform preventative, regular and emergency maintenance on all equipment to ensure the machines are in safe, clean and working condition to operate in full capacity. The position may indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/coaching of others with the day-to-day maintenance.
- Maintenance and repairs on coating machinery, cleaning lines, carousels, blasters, air compressors and other plant equipment on a regular, as needed and emergency basis.
- To follow manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications, sketches, operation manuals, and diagrams to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Provide appropriate documentation and maintain all equipment modifications, maintenance histories, drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Troubleshoot physical vapor deposition, vacuum systems, pneumatics and hydraulics with high comfort level in working around general-voltage components (max. 480 volt).
- Evaluate complex and unusual repair & maintenance needs and advises management of the requirement for an outside contractor.
- Disassembled, move and install machinery/equipment.
- Perform building repairs and maintenance activities as needed.
- Monitor uptime for all equipment; develop and implement plans to minimize equipment breakdowns.
- Provide training for production operators in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges and cleaning maintenance of equipment.
- Work closely and provide good communication to Managers, Process Engineers, Leads and Technicians for pass down of daily activities, resolve manufacturing interruptions, inconsistent process results, and equipment downtime.
- Ensure safety measures are met and practice safe work habits.
- Assist the Plant Manager in establishing specifications for purchase of new equipment.
- Managing the maintenance inventory (maintaining proper levels of inventory).
- Responsible for 5 S Program in all working areas and in spare parts room.
- And any other assigned tasks or as apparent.
- 2 year technical degree (AA), Trade School or equivalent experience may be substitute.
- 2+ years of vacuum technology, heat treatment, automotive, HVAC and/or industrial equipment repair.
- Understanding of failure mechanisms, ability to isolate determine root cause and repair.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Knowledge of control systems, (PLC would be a plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must be detailed-oriented, independent worker, self-starter and highly motivated and have a sense of urgency.
- Good communication skills to clearly communicate with peers, management, and suppliers.
- Regular work schedule; 1st shift. (Must be accessible to work overtime and weekends as needed for equipment failure and downtime).
IHI Ionbond Inc., offers a generous benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability, EPA, PTO, 401(K) with company match and much more. Salary will vary depending on experience and qualifications.
Apply now by submitting your resume to: jobsionbond.com with reference number MT-NC
IHI Ionbond Inc. | T. Krieger | 1823 East Whitcomb Ave. | Madison Heights, MI 48071 | jobsionbond.com | www.ionbond.com