IHI Ionbond Inc., is searching for individuals that are innovative and detail-oriented with a strong background in mechanical and electrical engineering, high vacuum process equipment and services and PACVD and PVD coating experience. As a Process Engineer you will be able to challenge yourself in a thriving environment by providing technical support and drive continuous improvements in its process capabilities of the center operations, the capacity and productivity to ensure safe and optimal process utilization.
Reports to: Plant Manager
- To serve as a primary technical resource for the center in developing, planning, and training in all steps involved in the production of surface engineered solutions.
- Assist Plant Operations, Corporate Process Engineering, and Business Managers in application development and scale-up of major programs.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects with the Sales Department and with customers.
- Ensure compliance and complete assigned APQP engineering activities
- Root Cause analysis.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot vacuum coating processes.
- Provide consultations and technical expertise on thin film technology to coating center staff and on-going quality issues.
- Maintain and work according to ISO quality systems.
- Provide good record keeping and communications skills.
- Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products and samples.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- 10% travel may be required.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Engineering, Material Science or Plasma Physics.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the vacuum coating field.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Strong working knowledge of IATF 16949, AS9100 and/or ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of PVD, PACVD and DLC coatings, required.
- Experience with FMEA or other risk management analysis.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts.
- Ability to travel throughout North America.
Ionbond offers a generous compensation and benefits package including but not limited to; medical/dental benefits, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term & long term disability, PTO, 401(K) retirement plan with a company match and much more.
Qualified candidates submit resume to theresa.kriegerionbond.com with reference number NC-PE.